02/17 – 22nd International Business Forum [fr]
Valéry Freland, Consul General of France in Boston, explained why companies should say OUI to France. The event, dedicated to the promotion of overseas investment, was attended by eleven Consuls Generals.
The Consul General, Valéry Freland, explained in 3 actual minutes why investors should say OUI to France, broadcasting a video presentation that outlined both France’s exceptional competitiveness and attractivity and its strong culture of innovation and creativity.
The Consul’s presentation, informative and uproarious at the same time, conquered both the packed audience and the panel of Consuls Generals:
You will find all the pictures of the event on the Consulate’s Flickr.
On February 17th, the Global Business Alliance of New England hosted the 22nd International Business Forum. The event, dedicated to promote overseas investment and international business creation, has been attended by eleven Consul Generals who each delivered a 3-minute pitch as to why firms should invest in their respective countries.
Valéry Freland, Consul General of France in Boston, along with the New England French-American Chamber of Commerce represented France at the event.
Where: Morgan Lewis, 1 Federal St, Boston
When: February 17th, from 4:00 pm until 8:30 pm
Complete program on the FACCNE website
This event attracted New England companies involved in international business. The evening featured a global trade and economic outlook forum and a resource center with many international trade associations and government agencies presenting informative exhibits.
This event constituted a unique opportunity to meet with corporate executives and other professionals interested in world trade – while learning about the vast resources available to help every company’s international business.
- 5:30 pm — Registration & early networking.
- 6:00 pm — Remarks from Nam Pham, Massachusetts Assistant Secretary for Business Development
- 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm — Welcome and introductions: Michael D. Goodman, Ph.D., Executive Director, Public Policy Center (UMass Darmouth) will offer remarks on the local economy.
- Consuls General pitches
- Global Trade & Economic Outlook: Implications for International Business in the Year Ahead
- 7:30 pm — Networking Reception with international associations & government agencies involved in international trade.
- France: Valéry Freland, Consul General
- UK: Susie Kitchens, Consul General
- Canada: David Alward, Consul General
- Germany: Helmut Landes, Deputy Consul General
- Ireland: Fionnuala Quinlan, Consul General
- Israel: Yehuda Yaakov, Consul General
- Mexico: Daniel Hernandez Joseph, Consul General
- Switzerland: Felix Moesner, Consul General
- Brazil: Gilvania Maria de Oliveira, Consul General
- South Korea: Song-jun Ohm, Consul General
- Japan: Tsutomu Himeno, Consul General