Job : Bilingual Executive Assistant at the Consulate General of France
Scope of position: The Consulate General of France in Boston is currently seeking a bilingual Executive Assistant to become the right hand person for the French Consul General in Boston. The full time position, beginning on May 19th, 2011, involves interaction with many governmental entities including the French Embassy. Utmost professionalism and confidentiality are required.
Successful applicants must be willing and able to perform any of the roles outlined in the relevant duty statements. They must have a valid work permit in United-States.
The ideal applicants possess:
1. Excellent communication skills in French and English – spoken and written- (native English speaker preferred)
2. Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Power Point)
3. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Internet
4. Excellent interpersonal skills and capacity to maintain high service standards
5. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and to prioritize tasks
6. Ability to work well under pressure
8. Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar position
Executive Assistant of the Consul General responsibilities include but are not limited to :
• Typing, formatting and proofreading documents in English
• Managing the Consul General’s telephone calls and answering the various information requests
• Drafting letters and e-mails in response as appropriate
• Developing, implementing and maintaining a filing system
• Preparation of presentation materials and reports
• Various correspondence writing (memorandum, letters, etc.)
• Daily planning of the Consul General’s agenda which includes maintaining his agenda, making appointments and organizing and coordinating meetings and receptions
• Occasional travel planning (airline/train tickets, hotel and restaurant reservations)
• Expense report preparation
• Greeting of the Consul General’s guests
• Following-up, reporting and maintaining personnel absences (time-off, sickness...)
• Reinforcing others departments as assigned or required
All interested applicants should submit their resume and letter of interest in French and in English to email@example.com
For more information about the Consulate General of France in Boston, please visit www.consulfrance-boston.org.
Please do not call to check the status of your application. A representative from the Consulate will contact you in the event that you are selected for an interview.