Summer Teacher Training in France
Each year, the Cultural Service of the French Embassy offers ten-day teacher training sessions at a training center specializing in French foreign language instruction.
These scholarships are intended for French teachers at elementary or secondary schools or in immersion programs who wish to perfect their knowledge of the French language and culture, and develop new teaching skills and methods for French instruction.
The French government covers the costs of the training and the round-trip ticket from Paris to Province (international flights must be paid for by the participant). The participant receives a stipend to cover part of the room and board costs.
- Be a full-time employee at an accredited American university
- Be a teacher of French or French culture at the K-12 level
- Be an American citizen or permanent resident (French citizens are not admitted)
- Have an excellent mastery of French (at least the C1 level)
- Not have received a scholarship from the French government within the past three years
For 2011, the deadline to apply was February 28, 2011 and the destinations are: Strasbourg, Rouen, Vichy and Grenoble.
For more details,
or consult the files below:
- 48.9 kb
- Flyer SPCD
- Stage périodique de courte durée.
- 64.1 kb
- SPCD | Candidature 2011
- Conditions de participation et pièces à joindre au dossier.